The initiator of the Swami Madhavananda World Peace Summit and the Message of Mahatma Gandhi, 2005
"The main commitment of humankind on this earth is to protect life in |
all forms and manifestations of existence. To realize this, it is necessary
to adopt a different way of thinking and acting in every day life. It is important to introduce love, help, tolerance and understanding not
only between individuals but among all nations, cultures, races and religions."
Paramhans Swami Maheshwarananda
His Holiness Vishwaguru Mahamandaleshwar Paramhans Swami Maheshwarananda directed this message at the participants of Millennium World Peace Summit of religious and spiritual leaders at UN Headquarter in New York in 2000. It presents the core of an extremely dedicated life mission of one of the most respected and appreciated spiritual teachers and leading figures nowadays.
He came to Europe from Rajasthan, India, in 1972. Here he came to know the needs of modern man, which inspired him to combine the ancient yogic realizations and the findings of modern science with his rich experience. In this way he created an integral and internationally acclaimed system of practices called "Yoga in Daily Life", which has spread from Europe throughout world, for the welfare of huankind and all living beings and has inspired hundreds of thousands people worldwide.
Croatian President Stipe Mesic awarded Paramhans Swami Maheshwarananda the Order of the Croatian Star with the Effigy of Katarina Zrinska.
Especially during the communist era his spiritual and humanitarian work provided great moral support to the people of the Eastern European countries Czechoslovakia, Hungary and Yugoslavia. For his selfless efforts during nearly 20 years he received a letter of thanks by the President of the Czech Republic, Mr. Vaclav Havel. Croatian President Stipe Mesic acknowledged Swamiji's humanitarian service to Croatia over the last 30 years by awarding him the Order of the Croatian Star with the Effigy of Katarina Zrinska.
Paramhans Swami Maheshwarananda's books and scriptures have been published in many languages (English, Hindi, German, Czech, Slovak, Croatian, Serbian, Slovenian, Hungarian, Spanish, French and Russian). His distinguished charitable, humanitarian, religious and environmental work as well as his untiring efforts for tolerance and world peace have been acknowledged by social, medical, religious and political dignitaries in different parts of the world.
Recognising the urgent need to promote and develop awareness of world peace Paramhans Swami Maheshwarananda has initiated worldwide Interreligious Dialogues and World Peace Prayers with representatives of world religions and public figures, and takes an active part in international congresses and conferences:
- Millennium World Peace Conference of Religious and Spiritual Leaders New York, USA
Interreligious Dialogue, Adelaide
- Interreligious Dialogue with the Catholic Archbishop Leonard Faulkner and Heads of Christian Churches of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia
International & Interreligious World Peace Prayers in numerous cities in Croatia, Austria, Spain, Germany, Slovenia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and India
Forum 2000 organised by President Vaclav Havel on behalf of "Human Rights", Prague, Czech Republic
- Earth Dialogues Forum, Speaker on the Spiritual and Religious Leaders Roundtable, Lyon, France
- Interreligious Dialogue with Heads of various denominations (Catholic Church, Anglican Church, Judaism, Islam, Sikh, Baha'i, Unitary Church, and others), Adelaide, Australia
- World Summit on Sustainable Development, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Inauguration of a Chamber of Slovakian Culture in Sri Vishwa Deep Gurukul Swami Maheshwarananda Ashram Jadan through the ambassador of the Republic Slovakia to India, Ladislav Volko, and the former Defence Minister of Slovakia, Dr Pavol Kanis
- Initiator of the International Conference World Peace and the Message of Mahatma Gandhi under the co-sponsorship of the World Conference on Religion and Peace at UN in Vienna, Austria
- Official visit of Croatian President , Stipe Mesic to Sri Vishwa Deep Gurukul Swami Maheshwarananda Ashram Jadan and inauguration of a Chamber of Croatian Culture
- Meeting with Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam, President of the Republic of India, New Delhi, India
- Initiator of the The World Peace Forum 2003 - Peace, Ethics and Sustainability in Sydney, Australia under the auspices of Australia's former Governor General, Sir William Deane
- Foundation stone ceremony of the Austria Hospital in India that will be built with in the area of Sri Vishwa Deep Gurukul Swami Maheshwarananda Ashram Jadan, in presence of the Ambassador of Austria to India, Her Excellency Dr. Stefan Bastl
Group photo of the Montserrat Assembly (copyright 2004 Council for a Parliament of the World's Religions & Steve Rohrbach)
- Guest of honour at International Conference on World Peace in Ahmedabad, India
- Guest of Honour at YOGACON 2004 - International Yoga Conference in Jaipur, India
- Meeting with the Premier of South Australia, Hon. Mike Rann, discussing a possible co-operation in projects of reforestation and rainwater harvesting, Australia
- Participation in the Assembly of Montserrat and in the Parliament of the World's Religions, Barcelona, Spain
- Initiator of International World Peace Summit and the Message of Mahatma Gandhi, in Brno, Czech Republic
- Guest of honour at the Pravasi Bhartiya Divas - Conference of non- resident Indians, Bombay, India
- Special guest invited by the Chief Minister of Gujarat, Mr. Narendra Modi, at the Vibrant Gujarat Conference, Ahmedabad, India
- International Conference on Environment and Sustainable Health at Om Vishwa Deep Gurukul Swami Maheshwaranananda Ashram Education & Research Center, inaugurated by the Minister of Environment in Rajasthan, Sri Laxmi Narayan Dave, India
- Initiator of a multi-faith gathering, Brisbane, Australia
Earth Dialogues Forum, Lyon
He continuously contributes his efforts to peace, tolerance and understanding among nations in his numerous meetings with political leaders:
- 1992 President of Hungary, Arpad Goencz
- 1993 President of Slovakia, Michal Kovac
- 1999/2000 President of Slovakia, Rudolf Schuster
- 2000/2002/2004 President of Croatia, Stjepan Mesic
- 2000/2002 President of Slovenia, Milan Kucan
- 2001/2002 Prime Minister of Slovenia, Janez Drnovsek
- 2003/2004/2005 President of Slovenia, Janez Drnovsek
- 2005 President of Austria, Heinz Fischer